Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Awww Look Closely! 6 chicks!

So,
Now there are 6 chicks....but that is because I added a baby from another nest.  He is from the last pied pair that had a chick and then it died Well, they had another chick hatch on Saturday.  They seemed to be doing a good job with him, but I didn't want to take any chances, so I pulled him and gave him to Mochi & Ella.


See the new Itty Bitty baby ?  He is 3 days old.  Chick #5 who was the bitty baby is now triple the size in 1 week.  He is the pink baby at the top of the photo (not banded yet.)
The oldest chick is very shy and hiding under the chick looking into the camera!  So cute!

Ella doesn't seem to notice that I gave her an extra baby but that is because I took the two oldest babies to handfeed.  I put them back in the nest for the photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment